I’ve decided the first couple of ‘Top 5 Songs Of The Week’ should be themed, so this week I’m choosing my top 5 songs from Ed’s first album +.
I love Ed Sheeran a lot, other then 2 bands, he’s my favourite artist. I was lucky enough to win tickets to see him live in Minnesota and it just made me love him so much more. He’s such a genuine person and it really comes through in his music and lyrics.
In no particular order, these are my top 5 songs;
- Wake Me Up – This song is just beautiful. I can listen to it over and over again and never get bored. My favourite lyric from it is; “See I could do without a tan, on my left hand, where my forefinger meets my knuckle.”
- You Need Me, I Don’t Need You – This is quite different to the other tracks on the album but it’s still wonderful. It’s a song I listen to when I need motivation to clean etc, it really gets me pumped up. My favourite lyric from it is; “They say I’m up and coming like I’m fucking in an elevator.”
- Gold Rush – This song also has a cheery tune but the lyrics are also really lovely.My favourite lyrics are; “You know how to sing, but you don’t know anything other than that, so maybe you should learn to love her.”
- U.N.I – THIS SONG IS SO AMAZING AND IT MADE ME CRY THE FIRST TIME I HEARD IT. I’m very passionate about it. My favourite lyric is; “I know you’ll say that I’m the only one, but I know that god made another one of me to love you better than I ever will.”
- Autumn Leaves – This song is a pretty emotional song but it’s so beautiful. My favourite lyrics are; “Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?”
I would 100% recommend that everyone takes time to listen to some of Ed’s music as he really is an amazing artist. I listened to this album on repeat for 3 days solid trying to choose my top 5 songs. I’ve listened to the album 100 times before and could listen to it 100 times more. I love it and I hope you do too.
The full track list of the album is;
The A Team
Wake Me Up
You Need Me, I Don’t Need You
Give Me Love
You can buy it here